EDUCATION LOANS(SBI STUDENT LOAN SCHEME)
A term loan granted to Indian Nationals for pursuing higher education in India or abroad where admission has been secured.
a. Studies in India:
b. Studies abroad:
- Graduation, Post-graduation including regular technical and professional Degree/Diploma courses conducted by colleges/universities approved by UGC/ AICTE/IMC/Govt. etc
- Regular Degree/ Diploma Courses conducted by autonomous institutions like IIT, IIM etc
- Teacher training/ Nursing courses approved by Central government or the State Government
- Regular Degree/Diploma Courses like Aeronautical, pilot training, shipping etc. approved by Director General of Civil Aviation/Shipping
- Vocational Training and Skill Development Study Courses will not be covered under the regular Education Loan Schemes. A separate scheme for ‘Loans for Vocational Education and Training’ has been launched which covers financing for such Vocational courses
Job oriented professional/ technical Graduation Degree courses/ Post Graduation Degree and Diploma courses like MCA, MBA, MS, etc offered by reputed universities
Expenses considered for loan
- Fees payable to college/school/hostel
- Examination/Library/Laboratory fees
- Purchase of Books/Equipment/Instruments/Uniforms, Purchase of computers- essential for completion of the course (maximum 20% of the total tuition fees payable for completion of the course)
- Caution Deposit/Building Fund/Refundable Deposit (maximum 10% tuition fees for the entire course)
- Travel Expenses/Passage money for studies abroad
- Cost of a Two-wheeler upto Rs. 50,000/-
Any other expenses required to complete the course like study tours, project work etc.
Amount of Loan
- For studies in India, maximum Rs. 10 lacs
- Studies abroad, maximum Rs. 30 lacs
Visit the branch to know the current interest rates
- No processing fee/ upfront charges
- Deposit of Rs. 5000/- for education loan for studies abroad which will be adjusted in the margin money
Repayment will commence one year after completion of course or 6 months after securing a job, whichever is earlier.
|Maximum Loan Limit
|Upto Rs. 4 Lacs
||Upto 10 years
|Above Rs. 4 Lacs and upto Rs. 7.5 Lacs
||Upto 10 years
|Above Rs. 7.5 Lacs
||Upto 12 years
In case of married person, co-obligator can be either spouse or the parent(s)/ parents-in-law
|Upto Rs. 4 lacs loan amount
||Only Parent/ Guardian as co-borrower
|Above Rs. 4 lacs to Rs. 7.50 lacs loan amount
||Parent/ Guardian as co-borrower and Collateral security in the form of suitable third party guarantee*.
*Third Party Guarantee can be replaced with Parent/Guardian as co-borrower provided the Gross Annual Income of Parent/Guardian (co-borrower) as given in latest Income Tax Return is 3 times of the loan amount.
|Above Rs. 7.50 lacs loan amount
||Parent/ Guardian as co-borrower and tangible collateral security
- For loans up to Rs.4.0 lacs : No Margin
- For loans above Rs.4.0 lacs:
- Studies in India: 5%
- Studies Abroad: 15%
- Completed Education Loan Application Form.
- Mark sheets of last qualifying examination
- Proof of admission scholarship, studentship etc
- Schedule of expenses for the specified course
- 2 passport size photographs
- PAN Card of the student and the Parent/ Guardian
- Borrower's Bank account statement for the last six months
- Income tax Returns/ IT assessment order, of last 2 yrs (If IT Payee)
- Brief statement of assets and liabilities, of the Co-borrower
- Proof of Income (i.e. Salary slips/ Form 16 etc. if applicable)
Since the rules, regulations, eligibility conditions, repayments and interests rates etc are revised by the banks from time to time
in keeping pace with the changing capital market conditions, students and parents are advised to thoroughly check the terms and conditions
of educational loan scheme on offer at the time of application.